There are people who decide to undergo nose surgery – rhinoplasty or ultrasonic rhinoplasty – to improve certain aspects regarding the shape of their nose.
There are those who do it for purely aesthetic reasons, for example, because they do not see it proportionate with the rest of their face; Others, on the other hand, do it for medical reasons, since they have difficulty breathing or have suffered some type of trauma. It is important that, before doing so, for whatever reason, you have all the necessary information to start this process.
What things should be considered before, during and after nose surgery? Being informed before starting the process is essential not to go with doubts and, above all, not to “take surprise” during the process or after it.
Nose surgery recommendations
Rhinoplasty is a surgical intervention with which the shape of the nose is modified. The purpose of this surgery may be to change your appearance, for cosmetic reasons, for medical reasons, to improve breathing, or even for all of the above.
Among the most requested and safe aesthetic interventions is rhinoplasty, since general anesthesia of the patient or admission is not necessary.
As not all people seek the same results, there are different techniques for this surgery, among which are: open rhinoplasty, closed rhinoplasty and ultrasonic rhinoplasty.
What should be done before rhinoplasty?
Once someone decides to have a rhinoplasty, it is important to consider these aspects before surgery:
- In case of smoking, it should not be done for at least 15 days before the intervention.
- A few days before surgery, the nose area should be waxed.
- On the day of rhinoplasty you can not eat or drink anything for a minimum of 8 hours before it.
- You should go with comfortable clothes
- Do not wear anything metal, such as necklaces, earrings, rings, etc.
- You have to go with the face completely clean of makeup, if you usually use it.
What to do during and after rhinoplasty?
During rhinoplasty, what you have to do is be as calm as possible and trust the skill of the surgeon, in addition to maintaining transparent communication to resolve any doubts about the process and side effects.
As for what should be done after the intervention, here are some tips:
- The first days after the intervention you should sleep facing up or semi incorporated, you should never do it face down.
- Avoid exposure to the sun, as this is counterproductive in the areas to heal.
- Do not do intense activities such as physical exercise.
- Don’t blow your nose.
- Avoid objects that may touch the nose, such as helmets or glasses.
- Do not exaggerately gesticulate; Therefore, it is important, during those days, to take easy-to-chew foods, so as not to open your mouth too much.
A rhinoplasty, whatever the type, is a low-risk surgical intervention that can completely change your life as it can help you improve your quality of life (improving breathing) and eliminate complexes, if you had them.